Hypnobirthing Australia ™
Hypnobirthing Australia™ Practitioners, alongside our online courses and face to face programs support you in your preparation to achieve a positive birth, no matter what that looks like and feels like for you.
Each birth is unique and individual preferences are needed. Gain the knowledge to understand what a positive birth means to you. You will feel educated and informed about how to create and maintain a positive mindset during pregnancy, labour and birth. You will be equiped with labour and birth tools and you will feel empowered in the lead up to your birth experience. Your birth partner will play an active role in support and advocacy for the birth you deserve.
“Empowering soon-to-be mothers to release fear and achieve a beautiful birthing experience
through peaceful Hypnobirthing techniques”.
Through the Positive Birth Program you learn and experience:
- Evidence based knowledge about birth, common interventions and procedures. Learn how to use labour and birth tools and techniques, support and what that should feel and look like with your birth partner and care provider.
- The power of language and affirmations to empower your mind and body for birth, understanding the birth process, hormones, fear surrounding birth, the role of caregivers in your birth and the way our brain is wired for birth.
- During the Positive Birth Program your birth partner and you watch a variety of positive birth videos, set in each birthing facility including home birth, the videos show you the tools and techniques you will learn in practice, and how your birth partner plays an integral role.
Equipped with labour and birth tools and peaceful techniques, including: Breathing techniques for relaxation, labour and birth, facial relaxation, instant deep relaxation, self-hypnosis tracks, birth music, relaxation scripts (I provide all of my clients a lavender infused eye-pillow to help calm), conditioning with scent (I provide all of my clients essential oil rollers for their welcome pack to create a peaceful practice), hypnotic anchors and triggers, visualisations to connect with baby and to support labour and birth.
- Through the use of light touch massage and acupressure for pregnancy, labour and birth you will release endorphins for labour to progress.
- Practical exercises to bond with baby , birth preferences created with the loving input from your birth partner.
- Learn about how your brain is wired for birth and how to release fear around birth.
- Understand the power of language for your pregnancy and birth, how affirmations work to bring calm and power to your birth.
- Induction, using a decision making framework for your birth choices and achieving a natural start to labour.
- Bonding with your baby during pregnancy and after birth.
- Breech and posterior positions, tools to assist, optimising babies positioning for labour, staying active and nutrition for pregnancy.
- Creating your own affirmations for pregnancy, labour and birth (I provide all clients a set for pregnancy, labour and birth and postpartum, to be printed).
- What to expect in the weeks leading up to birth and throughout labour, signs of labour and your birth partners role. When to call midwife, vocalisation, delayed cord clamping and placenta delivery, common procedures. What to expect afterward.
- Basic exercise and nutrition in pregnancy, skin to skin and birth rehearsal preparation exercises, using water during labour and birth and an introduction to breastfeeding.
- Online printable resources for your birth partner and you.
- Relaxing welcome pack included in course.
- Parent Positive Birth Program folio included in course.
You get the picture! You feel positive and incredibly prepared!
The Hypnobirthing Australia™ program is a modern, evidence-based, professionally recognised and respected program that teaches you everything you need to know to have an empowered and positive birth experience. It is the number one childbirth education course in Australia!
I teach the Hypnobirthing Australia™ Course face to face at Om Wellness Centre, Rochedale South.
ONLINE course options:
Private Positive Birth Program via Zoom
Hypnobubs Online Course + 90 minute or 3 hour private sessions with me available.
- 10 x comprehensive video sessions with Melissa Spilsted (approx. 6 hours) including step-by-step tuition and practical exercises (for you and your birth partner)
- 5 X long play mp3 tracks
- eBook – the little book of hypnobirthing
- Downloadable resources & worksheets
- Hypnobirthing Videos
- Online support
- Access to our private members only ‘parents support group’ on Facebook (available to all members enrolled in a Hypnobubs Hypnobirthing Online Course).